Thursday, October 11, 2007

YIKES!

Alright, I know I'm done for... I haven't written a scribble in like 3 days or something. But, in my defense, it's been a crazy 10 days. I was laid off for the second time in 8 months last week, spent the weekend watching football, playing golf, and trying to NOT be too stressed about having ZERO income, and also trying to stay as chipper as possible since I saw that layoff coming and have already been interviewing for a new gig.

On top of all that, I have made some progress on the novel, decided it's time to learn to play guitar (at age 37 fer crying out loud!), and am playing some of the best golf in recent memory... or at least since I blew out three discs in my lower back.

So BACK OFF MAN!!!

:)

Alright, I saw some crazy stuff... first off, I found a book that tied in with the Chocolate War that I have been reading. I seriously think I am below a 7th grade reading level since I should have had that book finished in like three BM's (bowel movements). I'm probably 2/3rds done with it and I just wonder how long those poor 7th graders have to read it.

Well, i was in Barnes and Noble and spotted a book on the clearance rack called "The Secret Society Handbook". It's got all kinds of info on a bunch of different secret societies. I figured, if nothing else it might be fun to read. Or maybe, I can come up with some ideas for creating a Secret Society of my very own! How cool would that be? I could call it something obscure like the Cinammon Kids... or maybe something violent like Swords & Blood... or maybe something whimsical like Who Farted?

The possibilities are endless... I'm so frikkin' excited!!!

The other funny thing I saw this morning was in one of the local papers. Everyone has seen commercials for those DVD's where college COED's show their boobs called "Girls Gone Wild". Well, a couple aspiring film makers in Clearwater, FL have come up with a video called "Da Hood Gone Wild". Now, I'm no expert on Clearwater, FL but when I think of that place I think of beaches and golf courses. But apparently there is a ghetto section of Clearwater that is the filming ground for this DVD that contains over two years of Hood activity. I guess sunshine and palm trees really doesn't do much to stem the flow of black-on-black violence, but it is definitely hard to find it when you are just driving around.

I was driving to lunch one day and took a wrong turn, my buddy Gregg reaches over to lock the doors. "This is a shitty neighborhood," he said. I looked around and realized it looked just like my neighborhood. How the hell can you tell it's shitty? At least in Chicago you know that East of Halsted on the South Side is not a place you really want to spend a lot of time in. But Tampa is not so clear cut.

I guess that just gives me more reason to make sure I stay on my toes.

Alright... time to get to work. I have an interview tomorrow so I gotta make sure the vocal chords are in pristine condition. Hopefully by next week I will be gainfully employed again. I don't know how long I can pass myself off as a poor novelist.

Wish me luck!
Peace out!
Heitz

No comments: