Thursday, October 25, 2007

I'm totally flippin' losin' it, ya'all

What a rough couple nights. I figure it's time to write this shit down since I came across an article in the New York times about nightmares and "why we dream".


Being unemployed for the time being, I obviously have plenty of time to 'think'. Just like Aretha told me to. Of course, all that anxiety has been manifesting itself into some strange dreams.


Like the one where I am living in the back of my Mitsubishi Montero. Of course, forget the fact that being unemployed and homeless SHOULD indicate that I cannot make the payment on said vehicle. Once my subconscious figures that out I'll be living in a tent I guess.


So, the article in the NY Times made me think a little... only a little, it's early and I am only on my first cup of coffee.


It's time to start keeping a Dream Diary. Not for any kind of therapeutic reasons... although maybe it will help the anxiety while I hunt for a J.O.B. But, since my ultimate dream in life is to be a best-selling author (and occasional sex slave to some beautiful woman) I figure it's time to see what my mind id doing while I am asleep. I don't remember all my dreams, as I'm sure most of us do not. BUT, the ones I remember I will attempt to document.


Who knows? My first best selling novel could be in there somewhere and I wouldn't know it if I don't write it down!!!


OK... so the other item on my agenda is this new "SmartCar" that is getting some press lately here in the Tampa area. Apparently, Mercedes is getting ready to release a tiny car that gets upwards of 40 MPG. Diesel and Electric versions will probably be available in a year or two as well.


Now, I'm 6'2" with a bad back. Take a look at this thing. I highly doubt a guy my size with a bad back is going to have much fun getting in and out of this thing. On top of that, how do you survive a crash with an SUV or Tractor Trailer rig? Or hell, even a Toyota Camry would wipe this thing out!


This kind of car would be perfect in New York City, Chicago (if you live & Work in the city), or maybe like Seattle where everything is Green anyways. Or on a college campus. I guess I could see this in some of the beach communities like Siesta Key or St. Pete Beach, but travelling on the highways here in Florida is risky business. It can allegedly go up top 95 MPH so make sure you stay in the right hand lane folks.


And where the hell would I put my golf clubs???


Seriously... this is a great idea for some folks. But any Soccer Mom will tell you that 4 kids and all their 'stuff' will not fit in this thing.


Oh yeah... the base model runs $12K and does not include any radio or A/C. I hope you like listening to the pelicans splash into the bay to get lunch cuz that's all the music you'll get.


Peace out...

Heitz


p.s. Everyone wish me luck on this job thing. I am frikkin' stressed yo!!!

No comments: