Monday, October 15, 2007

The Sky Has Fallen

I am not a quitter, so this is tough... trying to figure out when to throw in the towel on the season for the Chicago Bears. :( Another horrendous loss yesterday that had my heart stopped at about 3 different points. I will definitely have my first heart attack before the age of 38 the way things are going this season.

On top of that... my Salukis lost. Ugh... shit rolls downhill don't it? But, at least my new local teams, the USF Bulls and the Tampa Bay Bucs both won. The Bulls are ranked #2 in the country!!! YIKES!!!

So, this week I am planning on getting my mind set for the rest of the season for the Bears. I am usually so pumped up for Bears games that when the game is such a roller coaster as it was yesterday, I almost feel like I need to sleep for a week to recover. Heck, I only had 4 bears all day yesterday and I feel like I drank a full keg.

With all that in mind... I think this is the week to do some things I have NOT gotten around to since moving here. First thing on the agenda, head over to St. Pete and go to the Salvador Dali museum. Hmmmm... should be able to do that tomorrow. Second, go see some damn alligators. I've seen only two alligators in my four years here. WTF??? And finally, I should probably go hit the beach and jump in the ocean. Alright, it's crazy to admit but I have not yet jumped in the Gulf of Mexico. Can't really explain why. Just never got around to it. It's kinda like living in Chicago most of my life and I never set foot in the Sears Tower. Isn't that like the first destination for tourists?

So, there's my plan for the week. Dali, Gators, and Water. Maybe I can get bit by a shark when I jump in the gulf!!! WOO HOO!!!

The only other thing I have to report on this sleepy Monday morning is twofold... First, I still have not finished that 7th grade reading... For whatever reason, I did not even pick it up over the weekend. How the hell am I supposed to write a book report if I can't finish the damn book? I think the problem is, I've already seen a bunch of references to masturbation, plenty of swearing, and a bit of violence so I cannot really justify finishing it. I can see what the parents are concerned with, even if I disagree with them. Well, I'll certainly finish it this week. I really have nothing else to do, so why not.

The other thing is that the novel I am working on is rolling right along. I have an appointment with Starbucks this morning to knock out another two chapters I hope. I feel like I am about halfway through this first book, but only a fraction of a way through the story as it is unfolding in my mind. This first deal should come out as a trilogy I think, so hopefully when I finish book 1, I will be able to get an agent that thinks we can get it published.

Fingers crossed as I type that last sentence!

Alright, time to get to work...

Peace out!
Heitz

No comments: