Friday, October 12, 2007

Friday Morning

Have you ever watched a cow? I mean, have you ever just sat there and watched a cow do it's 'thing'? I spent one summer in college working on a farm camp, teaching small children how to groom and ride horses. We had two cows, three pigs, and some other assorted farm animals around including a donkey (mule, donkey, who friggin' knows).

The thing about cows is, I always felt like they were sizing me up. For what, I don't know. Pigs are easy, they want to eat. Nothing nastier than dumping 100 pounds of yesterday's food into their pen and having them nearly take your arm off in the process. The donkey, well, just stay clear of the hind legs and the teeth and you might be OK.

But the cows? They seemed docile. But all they do is stand there and chew. They might not even have anything in their mouth and they're still chewing. But the most disturbing part is how they WATCH you while they are chewing. Almost like they KNOW how many Porterhouse steaks I've had, or how many burgers I've tossed on the grill this summer. I got the impression that if the tables were turned, they'd grill the shit out of me, toss a nice side salad, put my grilled carcass on a sesame seed bun, top it off with some Worcestershire sauce and lettuce and a pickle, and go to town.

So, I started wondering if maybe, just maybe, cows are a little smarter than we give them credit for. Maybe they are just luring us into a trap with all their juicy ribeye's, succulent T-Bones, and hamburger patties. And when the time is right...

WHAMMO!!!

That's when they strike and take over the world. Now, I know what the nay-sayers are thinking.

"But they don't have opposable thumbs!!!"

Have we ever taken a census to find out how many cockroaches there are on the planet? I'm guessing at least a thousand times as many as there are people. And if there was a nuclear holocaust, the cockroaches would rule the world. So, don't tell me opposable thumbs are THAT important.

Cuz I ain't buying it...

Sorry for rambling... got a big interview today so my brain is on overdrive.

Peace out...

Holla...

And all that...

Heitz

No comments: