Monday, September 17, 2007

Taking my time...

Well, I was a lazy bastard this morning... if I was fat, I'd be fat, lazy, bastard... good thing I look good, huh?

I read through the paper this morning and just wasn't feeling it... NOTHING to really write about. I mean, the OJ Simpson melodrama is just crying out for attention. The NFL season is in full swing as Week 2 is mostly in the books (of course, my Bears got off the stinky and picked up a win!!! THANK YOU DEVIN HESTER!!!)

But I axed myself...

"Do I want to write about what everyone else is writing about???"

Of course I do!!! errrr.... NOT!!!

Hmmmm... So, what the hell can I talk about if I wasn't too motivated by my usual doom & gloom daily paper?

How about this...

I'm sitting at Starbucks this afternoon to get some quality time with my peeps... and of course, by "peeps" I mean the rest of the known world. There is some seriously powerful people watching going on around here today. There's a Panera right next door, so there are TONS of attractive young ladies wandering around... looking to get one of them nasty "mixed greens" salads.

Is it just me, or does anyone else think "mixed greens" is a pseudonym for "left over weeds"???

So, of course, the peanut gallery has just chimed in. Isabelle made me a "heart-attack in a cup". I ordered a mocha frappucino... I think she wants me dead. Her and Jess did comment on how nice my posture is. I think they are hitting on me.

Not sure if I should feel uncomfortable about that...

YEAH RIGHT!!!

About the only other thing I can comment on today is a stupid poll on CNN.com over the weekend... the question was:

"Have you been affected by the Subprime Mortgage credit crunch?"

Shit... do they know who I am??? I'm only on my 3rd job since the beginning of the year because of the credit COLLAPSE. Credit Crunch... where do they come up with these names? I bet there is a department somewhere that comes up with names for Disasters... I should send them a resume... you KNOW that is some stable employment there since we are nearing the end of days...

Try these on for size...

Super-Size Tsunami
Rockin' Recession
Revolution Extravaganza

Of course, all of those would need at least three exclamations behind them for full effect:

Super-Size Tsunami!!!
Rockin' Recession!!!
Revolution Extravaganza!!!

There we go... now I feel like I am getting something on sale!!! :)

Sweet...

Peace out...
Heitz

No comments: