Friday, September 21, 2007

Filling My Brain

Good lord, I'm in trouble... So, I went to Borders yesterday to pick up "The Chocolate War". I just couldn't wait to start reading about violence, swearing, and masturbation! YIPPEEEEE!

Of course, me in Borders is the equivalent of a kid in a candy store. Frikkin Alan Greenspan has a new book out that is being hailed as the "2nd Coming of Adam Smith". A new book called "Family Guy and Philosophy: A Cure for the Petarded" was staring at me from the shelf... of course I bought it...

My problem is, between trying to make a living, writing daily, looking for a new career path (see my previous blogs about the destruction of the mortgage industry), and trying to squeeze in a round of golf every once in a whiel, when am I supposed to have time to read all these books??? I am half-tempted to go apply to be a librarian... although I know they have degrees and stuff for that line of work; I'm not sure my Economics degree and background in Sales and IT will cut it.

I'm going to have to hope for some sort of Billionaire subsidy to allow me to just read & write full-time. Maybe that email I got the other day about Bill Gates and Warren Buffett giving away money might come in handy.... maybe J.K. Rowling would LOVE to have herself a little tax write-off over here in the States... hmmmm.... maybe I'll win more than $5.50 playing the Lottery.

So, back to the book, "The Chocolate War"... already two references to masturbation, a couple goddams, and one bastard and I'm only on Page 48. But, so far you can see where the story is headed and why this book is intended for young teens. There is a lot of peer pressure in the world, and part of this story is going to hinge on whether or not Jerry, the main character, succumbs to the pressure or has the nerve to stand up to it and "do the right thing".

I'll keep you posted as the story progesses...

On to the weekend!!! The Bears don't play til Sunday night so I've got a whole weekend ahead to get some of this reading done. I'm also thinking this could be a good weekend to go sit in the woods somewhere and look for some endangered species... nudge, nudge, wink, wink.

Peace out...
Heitz

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Тhis artіcle is reаlly a pleasant one it aѕsists new іntеrnet uѕerѕ, who are wishing for bloggіng.


My web-sitе - CarbonPoker Bonus

Anonymous said...

I abѕolutely love youг ωebѕitе.
. Greаt cοlors & theme. Diԁ
уou buіld thiѕ sіte уourself?

Please reрlу bacκ as I'm attempting to create my own personal website and would like to learn where you got this from or just what the theme is called. Thank you!

Also visit my weblog; CarbonPoker Bonus