Saturday, September 29, 2007

Happy Saturday!

Well, I feel a little lazy for not making my daily rounds here for you on time this week, so I figured I'd go camp out at Starbucks for a little while. Not a bad choice, I tell ya... Saturday morning talent is not bad.

It's been a crazy week in the life of Heitz. The mortgage business is still in it's "implosion state"; the Bears lost Sunday night which of put me in a funk to start the week off; and Summer is officially over! Shit... I live in Florida, it's summer every damn day!

On top of all that, I have been trying to find time to work on a couple other projects, one being a novel. The problem is, if I don't write every day (and I haven't been) I lose track of the story! You would think that wouldn't happen since it's my story, but well, that's my story...

On top of all that, I am considering ANOTHER career change. With the demise of the mortgage and real estate industry, I am considering re-inventing myself yet again. I figure what would a decade be without two career changes, right?

So, with that in mind, I am going... SHOPPING!!! God, if only I were gay and shouted that out in a sing-songy kinda voice, huh? Classic...

I figure I have worked for FIFTEEN different companies since graduating college, and in that entire time I have owned a grand total of TWO dress suits. WOW! I actually had to break out my resume and try and recall the five companies NOT listed on it because they are so long ago. Now, I am also counting jobs such as when I worked as a bouncer in Chicago to make extra money, and my job at the MALL here in Tampa when I first moved here to ensure I could feed myself. Not really going to ever put those on a resume but they come up from time to time.

So I'm thinking "WHAT THE HELL!" and I'm gonna buy me a couple suits. Of course, suits are good for interviewing in; and you just never know... all these years of business casual MAY have just been holding me back. Maybe I have not been discovered as David Letterman's successor because I dress like a bum. WHO KNOWS? I mean, how many late night hosts sit around on the air in shorts and flip flops?

So, that's my plan for the day... well, for after I get my ass moving on the next chapter of my book. Hopefully by the time I actually have something worth reading I'll have this whole "being an adult" thing figured out.

Don't count on it though...

Peace out
Heitz

No comments: