Monday, September 24, 2007

Blah, blah, blah...

First off... let me just get this off my chest here real quick...

REX GROSSMAN SUCKS MONKEY BALLS!!!

Ahhhh... much better... well, not really...

Seriously, staying up til midnight last night seemed like such a great plan. The Bears would beat up the Cowboys, leaving T.O. with no little quips for the media this week. Tony Romo would be revealed as the man behind the curtain. The Bears would get back on track after a rocky beginning to the season.

Obviously, the Gods of the NFL had different thoughts. So, here are my thoughts...

First, Rex Grossman should put his house on the market immediately. He will not be in Chicago next season and the housing market is VERY soft in Chicago. It may very well take him 8-12 months to sell his place. Get read for the move NOW, Rex.

Second, I seriously considered putting my head in the microwave last night and setting it on HIGH for like 5 minutes. Nah, it wouldn't make me feel any better about the debacle I had just witnessed, but if the urban legends are true, I'd never have to witness a Rex Grossman offense again.

Third, I think I will NOT take a shower today. That way I will smell as bad as the stink emanating from my television last night.

Finally... ahhh hell... I'm too tired to come up with any more. :(

On the Western Front, I have been roling through "The Chocolate War" and I must say, it's not too over the top after those first couple chapters. Jerry, the skinny main character has just put his foot down and said he will NOT sell chocolates for the school fund raiser. WOW! The hair on the back of my neck bristled at the thought! I think this is the part where things start to go horribly wrong for Jerry. You see, not only is he NOT selling chocolates, he is also the Junior Varsity Quarterback on the football team. I'm sure there is a serious ass-whipping headed his way soon. We shall see how this unfolds... about halfway through the book now... some interesting thoughts though on some of the stuff going on...

I went to a Public School so I am not sure if this is a "Private School Thing", but what's the deal with secret societies? I'm not talking about college fraternities and the Illuminati... I can't imagine there having been any kind of secret society in my High School. I mean, you had your jocks, nerds, homies, drugged out hippy types, preps, etc... I was fortunate enough to be able to wander from one group to the next pretty easily, but never a whisper of a secret society.

Come to think of it, I don't really know a lot of folks that went to a Prep School like the one in this book. I think one guy I knew in Chicago did. I think those high-brow folks tend to avoid the tough neighborhoods like I grew up in. The library wasn't so much a place to learn as it was a place to avoid the gang-banger looking to hit you with a bat. Can't really focus on studying when you are just glad to be alive!

OK... I think it's nap time already... I KNOW... it's not even 9am... that damn putrid display on television last night wore me out. I had nightmares of completed passes and efficient offensive playcalling all night. Woke up in a cold sweat twice... ugh...

Peace Out
Heitz

No comments: