Tuesday, November 6, 2007

When Grandma Attacks!

This is just too funny... now granted, it was not MY grandmother so I can easily laugh about it. If my grandmother (RIP...) were tasered I'd probably be so upset I couldn't see the sense in it.

http://www.suntimes.com/news/mitchell/636574,CST-NWS-mitch06.article

So, the Chicago cops went to check on 82 year-old Lillian Fletcher after a tip from the Department of Aging. When she refused to open the door, the cops barged in to find granny swinging a hammer at them.

So, they tasered her. ZAP!!!

And now some people are pissed off... I have two questions...

1. What else should they have done? The grand-daughter said they should have used their sticks, referring I believe to their batons or night sticks. Of course, that's a fantastic idea! Let's break granny's legs instead of tasering her. BRILLIANT!!! Don't our police officers carry taser guns to avoid using violence with their guns and batons? Correct me if I'm wrong there...

2. What the hell is the Department of Aging and why are they snitching on little old ladies??? What do they do, report old people to the police? "Hey, copper... there's this lil' ol' lady, see... why don't you guy snuff her out, see..." Like these poor bastards don't have enough to worry about what with their cholesterol, rheumatoid arthritis, replaced hips, and falling levels of cat litter in the box. Seriously, just back off Department of Aging... leave these old folks alone fer cryin' out loud!

Now the best part is the online survey of people asked whether they felt the woman should have been tasered. (Of course I said HELLS YES... ok, so that wasn't an option, but it's what I meant)

82% said YES as of 9am this morning. So, apparently everyone but the grand-daughter has Lillian's best interests in mind.

Hit her with a night stick... brilliant!

Sorry to report folks that my Dream Diary is not going well at all. I thought I would confuse my subconscious last night by staying up late, throwing down a midnight beer while fiddling around on the web, and only go to sleep as a last resort. I thought maybe my subconscious would be off it's guard so I could possibly remember a dream or two.

No dice...

Not only did I not remember any dreams (AGAIN!!! Grrrrrrr...) but I slept like shit... damn, how do those real rock stars do this shit? Maybe I need to graduate to the real party drug of choice...

SCOTCH!

OK, I'll try that one tonight. I guess being unemployed has it's uses. If I had to go to work I wouldn't be able to experiment with which alcoholic concoctions allow me to sleep but defuse my subconscious dream remembering block. :-) So a quick THANKS! to the mortgage industry for imploding this year and leaving me out on the streets to follow my dreams!!!

Rock on!!!

Later
Heitz

No comments: