Wednesday, November 14, 2007

So this is what it's like...

I haven't felt like a working stiff in quite some time so this is kind of a fun change of pace! I've been working from 7:30am til past 6pm all week and really have a strong sense that I am WAY out of touch with what is happening outside my office.

I haven't read any papers (although I did hear about a guy running from the police around Miami that jumped a fence into a retention pond or something where he was promptly eaten by a 9 foot gator named Poncho. Of course, we can't have gators sitting there minding their own business eating car thieves when they jump into the water on top of them so the local authorities had to put Poncho down... I think this is a travesty... this guy probably would have walked on some assinine technicality... instead, Darwin was right and the fittest survived... only to get smacked on the head with a bullet... fukkin a...)...

I haven't watched the news (well, this one is kind of a cheat for me... I never watch the news. I hate the news. I mean, what does the news tell me? The weather? I can look outside and see the sun. Who cares about the rest. I have to wear a suit every day now so it doesn't matter if it's hot or cold, I gotta dress the same. Sports? I get that on the Internet... besides, no news down here talks about sport I give two hoots about... Politics??? Hmmm... anyone who has read my blog more than once knows which finger I thrust in the direction of those damn rotten scoundrels... So, I basically watch ESPN and the History channel. Kind of a waste to pay so much for cable and watch two channels... what a rip off...)

I haven't heard any juicy gossip (What do I need gossip about other people for when my world is always so fu*ked up??? Here ya go, try this one... any company that hires me has just signed its own death warrant. United and American Airlines? Can you say 9/11? First Chicago? Bought by Bank One and the stock plummeted... Bank One bought by Chase and the Stock Plummeted... Fremont Investment & Loan? The entire lending industry imploded... Seriously, I am definitely concerned about the future of Recruiting and Business development... but hey, send me a resume folks! ;-)

One good thing though is that I got Orlando out of my system... seriously, not much going on there. I did almost have to revert to my South Side days when some thug-wanna-be's tried to rip off the guitarist playing at the restaurant I ate at the other night. Not cool... I woulda messed up them Florida crackheads something fierce... ate a pile of sushi last night before driving home... word of caution folks... be careful how much sushi you ingest before hopping on the road for two hours. I felt like all I needed was to see a toilet and I'd explode.

Anyhoo... so I am sitting at my favorite Starbucks... having a fat cup o' joe and some marble loaf for dinner. Not a bad gig after all, huh?

Peace out...
Heitz

No comments: