Monday, August 27, 2007

Road Kill

Is it just me, or does everyone get a little chill when they drive past some roadkill? Seriously, every time I drive past a dead raccoon, possum, squirrel, or anything else... I get a littel chill... can't help it... it's almost like that little critter's ghost is sitting there waiting for me to drive by.

I remember the first road kill I saw after moving here to Florida. I felt like I was in the pleistocene era or something. I had NO idea what this thing was.

It was bloated, gray, and looked like it was wearing plate armor.

I drove past it maybe six or seven times over the course of a week and still couldn't figure it out. It was way too big to be a rat... definitely not the usual squirrel or raccon or anything...

Then a buddy of mine said, "Oh, it's probably an armadillo."

An arma-frikkin-dillo??? They have those in Florida? I thought that was a Texas thing...I had no idea these things were all over the Southeast United States, for chrissakes!

Well, turns out, that is what it was. An armor plated rat... dead on the side of the road. Sounds like a mob hit or something...


Another kind of road kill was found last night on the side of a Chicago area highway... an abondoned Lamboughini... pretty much destroyed, and licensed to Lance Briggs of the Chicago Bears.


There's no word yet on whether the vehicle was reported stolen... I mean, it would have to be right? It had Illinois license plates in the trunk, but hat temporary Texas tags on it when it was found.


Crazy what you can find on the side of the road these days...

And finally, the Iraqi Prime Minister Nuri al-Maliki is telling American politicians to "butt out" of his countries political struggles. Gotta like the gratitude on this guy huh? I mean, we go in, depose Sadam Hussein, hand him the reins, and he tells us to butt out when things aren't going so well for him there.

Hmmm... maybe he has a point. Back to my blog last week about the border wall I proposed building around the entire middle east... maybe we SHOULD just listen to what this guy has to say and grant his wish.

Heitz

No comments: