Tuesday, August 19, 2008

Phelps & Bears Quarterback

OK, so I just saw an interview with Michael Phelps (8 Gold medals in this years Olympics) being queried by Jeremy Schaap. I'm just curious... could we find someone without a speech impediment to run that interview?

Alright, just kidding... I'm just jealous that I'll never win an Olympic medal (let alon 16 already for this guy!!!) and I'll never be on ESPN... sour grapes... :)

But what I am really concerned with this morning is the Chicago Bears have named their starting Quarterback for the upcoming season! And unfortunately, Michael Phelps was unavailable. I'm sure he would have been a very viable option, but no dice.

So Kyle Orton, the guy who looks like an Amish cast-off is the guy who gets the nod. It's a sad state of affairs when our choices are Orton, Grossman, and a guy who's name is eerily similar to Heinie. Of course, the offensive coordinatr is off the hook now. He can go back to calling running plays and maybe we'll get somewhere this season. My guess is, we'll be drafting yet another quarterback in 2009.

So, Hurricane Fay turned into a whimpering Tropical Storm when it made landfall last night. Of course, I gotta hold off on calling her a total pansy as she is forecasted to hang around for the next few days before making a u-turn and coming back over the state. No kidding, the weather reports are predicting the storm will go across the state, then make a u-trun and come back across the state!

Still, it's not like the Chicago winters. I'll take a storm like this every couple years over the sub-zero temperatures and blizzards that ALWAYS hit Chicago in the winter.

Alright, time to send out some resumes. The whole city is shut down for the storm. YAY!

Heitz

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

So I guess they have "hurricane days" at schools like we have "snow days" huh?

K