Saturday, August 16, 2008

Blog 4 da unemployed

2 weeks and counting, folks!

By my estimation, over the past 2 weeks I have:

*sent out 50 resumes (and have had resumes forward to probably close to 150 companies through peers and networking)
*have drank 15 pots of coffee... mmmmm, Folgers crystals...
*spent about 10 hours at Starbuck's brushing up my technical knowledge (add to that probably about another 15 hours here at home)
*have realized that Madden '09 is da bomb... still can't run the ball for shyt but it rocks
*killed at least 50 cops and gang bangers in GTA IV
*busted out about 5 hours worth of power chords on my Les Paul & SG
*killed my Blackberry
*actually read some Playboy articles
*volunteered at an event for Tampa Bay Technology Forum (YAY, me!)
*and except for when I have gone on a few interviews, have worn shorts and flip-flops 24/7

Other than the lack of an income right now, I would say unemployment friggin' rocks! (fist raised in salute to the rest of us unemployed)

The good news is, I got friends in low places... errr... I mean I got contacts. Will be employed sooner rather than later and then I can actually afford to take out all these ladies I am meeting on eHarmony!!!

What's that you say??? eHarmony? Yeah, time to find a woman that won't drain the ol' bank account and leave me high & dry. I feel like a bad Jerry Springer show... or good Jerry Springer show, depending on your education level and number of remaining teeth. ;)

Also, been reading A LOT! Love to read... shoulda been a librarian... filling that big brain of mine with stuff.

that's about all I got for right now... more to come...

Heitz

No comments: