Friday, August 29, 2008

DNC & Stuff

OK, so I admit, I didn't watch much of the Democratic National Convention. Hell, I had other stuff to do... I yelled at my Xbox, played some guitar, read some of Alan Greenspan's book... ya know, stuff like that. I did tune in last night for Barack Obama's acceptance speech; I sure as heck wasn't going to miss that!

Anyone who has read my blog over the past year knows I am an Obama fan. I get it... I know where he has done most of his work prior to entering the public sector. I grew up maybe 5-10 minutes from some of the worst neighborhoods that he was trying to help clean up on the South Side of Chicago.

the only thing that bothered me about his acceptance speech was the grandstanding... now, I know it's politics so it is to be expected. But at the same time, let's temper the over-reaching promises and at least SOUND a little realistic. Now, I am not a budget analyst for the US Government so I guess maybe there is enough that can be done in order to ensure he can "cut taxes for 95% of working class Americans"... I don't know how well the "closing of the loopholes" will be received by corporate America either. Hell, they killed the African-American President on the TV show "24" for less than that!

The one thing I thought was VERY powerful, and wasn't even aware of it until he said it... yesterday was the 45th anniversary of Dr. Martin Luther King's "I Have a Dream" speech. How amazing is the timing that we have our first African-American Presidential nominee accepting the nomination 45 years to the day after that speech??? WOW! All I can say...

OK, enough of that... the other thing that bugs me big-time this morning...

Seriously... David Duchovny... any woman, under sodium pentathol, if asked truthfully if this guy is attractive would laugh until she had a nosebleed and then say "NO! But he's an actor!!!" So, the headline on CNN.com saying he is going to rehab for sexual addiction?!?!?! Jeezus frikkin Cheeerist!!! Really, I don't get it... At least I reserve my Hollywood list to truly attractive women: Jessica Biel, Jennifer Aniston, Scarlett Johansson (sp?)... I may as well just add Ugly Betty to the list.. wait, she actually is a damn attractive woman... ok, Cathy Bates! How about Glenn Close... seriously, I don't get her being casted in Fatal Attraction... she's absolutely gross! I just read a blog from 2005 (wow, missed that one) where someone said she is always told she looks like either Rachel Weisz or Robin Tunney... she then says neither would be considered the "hot chick". Seriously, honey, just reply to my blog if you are still out there and still look that good!!! ;)

Peace out...
Heitz

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Yeah, not sure how he's gonna deliver on reviewing and analyzing every line item....being that there are thousands upon thousands of them. But hey, I gotta say that he said a lot of the things Dems wanted and needed to hear from him (finally) and countered arguments the opposition always brings up. It was a home run IMHO.

Too bad you missed the Clintons' speeches, those were pretty damn good as well. Old Bill was wagging his finger like a mutha. Biden came on like an attack dog, exactly what they needed him to be. Ah well, YouTube it if you're interested.

K

Anonymous said...

Oh and PS,
A. I didn't even know there was an official rehab facility for sex addiction (I wonder what the treatment plan is?)
-and-
B. David D. is not an attractive man but he is famous, so there you go. I'm not one to salivate over Jack Nicholson either, but according to Wikipedia he's had sex with 2,000 women.

K