Thursday, September 10, 2009

Sheesh... Football Season!!!

Well, I am just a slacker and a half... I will have a blog coming (or maybe a series of them) about my trip to Nigeria. I promise...

For now, I am just excited about the upcoming football season! The Chicago Bears have like their first REAL quarterback in forever. Now, the big question is, was our probelm all along the play of our QB's? Anyone that knows me knows how I feel about Ron Turner (how is it he has a job and I am unemployed???).

I think the offense will be better than it has been recently - with the production of Matt Forte and the reunion of Jay Cutler and one of his college teammates, Earl Bennett, as well as the continued development of Devin Hester - I just think that for once our offense will not be an embarrasment. I am really worried about the defense though.

Tommie Harris is one knee bump away from being ineffective. Is Urlacher back in his 2006 form? Can our defensive secondary survive the Danieal Manning experiment at Safety or the injuries at cornerback? I honestly don't know what to say about all that...

What is clear to me is that the defense must play better than it has in the previous two years. They don't have to be as good as 2006, but at least the top half of the league. If that is the case and the offense ocmes anywhere close to what people think they can do, well, then we might have something to celebrate.

For now, I am just going to wash my PAYTON #34 jersey, and get ready for game 1 against the Packers.

God, I hate cheese...

Heitz

No comments: