Saturday, September 19, 2009

Seriously? I am over-qualified?

Alrighty... so before I go off on Coach Lovie Smith for benching Kevin Payne... I gotta vent about the job search stuff... just gotta do it...

A very cool non-profit organization was looking for some help on a project. I have worked on a few projects EXACTLY like what they are doing. BUT, since I have a wealth of experience they decided against even interviewing me because they figure I will leave as soon as a "better" job opportunity presents itself.

OK, so here's the background... someone else who was also "over-qualified" was in the position for a month and quit. I am not sure why someone would leave a position in this economy unless they had something else lined up. Also, it is a contract position - so, most people working on a contract basis are probably still sending out resumes. You HAVE to assume that when you are working with someone on a contract basis instead of hiring them outright.

The frustrating thing is that while I do have a wealth of experience in the field, I was out of it from 2005-2007. I am trying to get my foot in the door at a lower level to work my way back up but no one is willing to pull the trigger. They think I will be "bored" with a lower level position and they make this judgement without even speaking with me. Most hiring managers are so swamped with resumes that they can't go calling EVERY person that sends a resume, but in many cases they are working with recruiters as well. If they won't trust their judgement and meet with a candidate that is worthy, then why are they wasting everyone's time???

Well, all I can say is that someday someone will wise up and hire me, and they will never regret that decision. Until then, I am gonna drink my coffee, play some Xbox, and keep writing...

OK, onto more important things...

Lovie Smith has decided to put his boy... his pet project... Danieal Manning into the starting lineup at Free Safety...


Now, don't get me wrong... I dig Manning... he's got skills... he can return kicks with the best of them... but to say he is the only "true free safety on the roster" is just missing the mark entirely. Does anyone remember the last game Manning started at Free Safety? I do... he got schooled by his bro, Peyton, and Reggie Wayne as the Bears lost momentum in the Super Bowl.

I guess Lovie is trying to make a splash for the home opener... in my opinion a winnable game. The Steelers and Bears are both without stud defenders, and I think Pittsburgh's D is without a doubt a step above ours. So how does chaninging your Free Safety at this point helps us? Will we see Hines Ward and others roaming free in the secondary?

Besides all that, who better to play safety than a guy named "Payne"??? That just screams intimidation at ya!!!

Anyhoo... at least the game is on regular TV so I don't have to sit in a public place when we get beat. I can hide on my couch...

Fun times...

Peace out...
Heitz

No comments: