Saturday, December 22, 2007

Happy Frikkin Holidays!

The weather outside is frightful...

NOT!!!

I brought some nice warm weather with me to Chicago so all the snow is melting. I am still hopeful that I can ambush my nephews, Max & Gunner, with a nice snowball fight. :-)

OK, so I have been WAY out of the loop on recent events folks... naturally, between that and working so damn much I have had too little to say. So, for the New Years, I am setting myself a couple goals...

1. Learn to play guitar
2. Write at LEAST once per week in my blog
3. Write at LEAST once per week in my book
4. Get my keester on 88.5 FM in Tampa (that's the public access radio station)

I've literally had a half dozen people over the past year tell me I should be on radio. So, I've decided it's time to start working towards that end. Even if it is just an hour a week or so, I think it is time to get it rolling. If I die not doing it, I'll be pretty frikkin pissed with myself.

Heading into downtown Chicago in a few hours to hang out, imbibe a few beverages, and hit Michigan Avenue for a little shopping. The highlight is going to be the show at Improv Olympic tonight... haven't been there in quite a while and I am curious to see the Harold up close and personal again... I LOVE "YES, AND..."

One thing I love about travelling is the people watching... back in the day before all the security checkpoints and stuff, my friends and I would take the train to Midway Airport, sit in one of the bars and hit on women travelling from elsewhere. Not too easy to do that any more since all the security stuff put into place... not a whole lot of airports have bars outside the security checks. Ft. Lauderdale is one that does, maybe I will move there someday to open up that hunting ground. :)

The only other new stuff in my world is bad news... specifically, The Bad News Bears... season is over. No playoffs the season after losing the Super Bowl... nothing like falling flat on your collective face, huh? If Ron Turner is NOT fired, it will be a travesty. Visit http://www.fireronturner.org to join me and Uncle Meatball in our campaign to get rid of Ron Turner, the architect of the woeful Bears offense.

The only bright point is that we can still sweep the Green Bay Packers... of course, the season after going to the Super Bowl, settling for last place and a sweep of the Packers is kinda like when you are on wingman duty and have to bed down with the ugly friend so your buddy can pickup the hottie.

The ugly friend usually is not NEARLY as much fun... :(

Peace out...

Heitz

No comments: